Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (2014)

4/5

This is one of the movie that I really looked forward this year. Following the amazing Catching Fire, I had high hope for this movie and it did not fail my expectation.

Unlike the previous two movies, this one focus more on emotions. It did a great job in showing how damaged Katniss was and how the whole war thing started. As a big fan of the book, I always hope that book adaptation are true to the original story and like Catching Fire, the script of Mockingjay is very well written and did not disappoint the book fans.

When watching this movie, it took me a while to get used to the slow pace of this movie. Catching Fire was a very fast pace movie, everything happened so quickly and right to the point in that movie. However in this one, they show you a lot more details of events. It makes me feel like we are changing from a fast dance song to a slow ballad. The good thing about a slower pace in this movie is that it allows the emotions of characters to be shown more delicately and make me feel more about the characters.

There is one thing that I never really noticed or thought of when I read the book but it was very obvious in the movie. Nowadays, war is not only about force and army, but also publication. It is easy to see how the capital and 13 both used television to gain supporter and how a song can be an important in rallying supporters. Internet has become such a power tool, the most random things can become viral within minutes. There might be one day that war might happene online instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment