Monday, July 20, 2015

TV Series: Murder in the First

After watching the amazing How to Get Away with Murder, I continue on the murder theme and started watching Murder in the First. To be honest, I am not impress with the series.

The shows followed the homicide unit of SFPD and revolves around one major case throughout the first season. There are only 10 episodes in the first season but it still made me think that it is too long. There are not much going on in the one big case throughout the one season. Most of the details are told in the first few episodes and I think the show drag on too long on the trial making it dull to watch especially near the end. The only reason why I endure the show to the season finale is to see how the case unfold and it ended too abruptly in my opinion.

The main focus of the show is the investigation on the murder, which I quite enjoy in the beginning, but there are also a lot of side lines include in the plot that are either not being elaborated enough or just simply not necessary. For example, the romance between the two lead characters are way too cliche. Partners do not always have to be romantically involved with each other. This romance part also seems too out of the blue without much development in the beginning. I just do not found the necessity for the romance to be in the story line.

The show was being renewed for a second season but I do not think I will continue watching it as I think there are better alternative short series like this.

(Photo credit: impawards.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment